So you have a shiny new joomla site....how do you get the content lindexed by google and bing.
Though not the olny way to do this, our approach is as follows
1) Enable the joomla core SEO functionality
2) Add and configure xmap in your joomla Site to create site maps
3) Use the apache rewrite engine for friendly "www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml" to add to google and bing
4) Create / Add the site to your google and bing webmaster tools accounts
5) Verify the site for each search engine
6) Test and Submit the site maps